The Baby Breininger Blog

Welcome friends! In 2007 we started this blog to share the status of our adoption process. After an excrutiatingly long wait, we travelled to Haiti in June 2009 and brought our girl home on July 15. Now this blog is a place for us to share pictures and videos, give updates and brag about how wonderful she is. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We love the Consulate

I was joking in my last post when I said that we expected the Haitian Consulate in Chicago to stamp our paperwork before his morning coffee and send it right back out to us. Apparently, it wasn't a joke! It arrived there yesterday at 845 am and it was stamped and on our doorstep when I got home from work this afternoon. I'm always shocked and amazed when something goes quickly and smoothly.

I rushed the paperwork to the DHL office at the airport and had them send it off to Haiti ASAP. Last time it got there in less than 24 hours, although they call it 2 day shipping. Hopefully Noel (the storm hitting that area) won't slow down the flights carrying our papers or more importantly cause damage or destruction to any of the countries in its path.

Now it's back to the waiting game. Of course, I'm frantically calculating in my mind...if it gets to the lawyer on Thursday and she gets the agency to sign it by Friday...Friday is November 2...6 weeks from November 2 is December 14. I'm simulaneously preparing myself for the worst and reminding myself that it's rare for things to go quickly in Haiti. But it sure is fun to think about picking her up in time for Christmas!

We'll keep you posted as we track the package and (hopefully) hear updates from the lawyer!

1 comment:

CG said...

What a relief to hear it went quickly. Praying she'll be home for Christmas!! She is SO wonderfully cute!