The Baby Breininger Blog

Welcome friends! In 2007 we started this blog to share the status of our adoption process. After an excrutiatingly long wait, we travelled to Haiti in June 2009 and brought our girl home on July 15. Now this blog is a place for us to share pictures and videos, give updates and brag about how wonderful she is. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 4, 2007

healthy girl

Hello friends! We heard last night that Bedeline is once again healthy and happy (insert huge sigh of relief here). She is reported to have lost some weight during her illness and we're again grateful for the extra pounds that she had going into it, though we're having a really hard time imagining her without all those rolls!

We also heard that the lawyer is planning to go to the agency where our paperwork is next week to check on it, since she thinks it should be finished there SOON! Strange, after all this waiting, to hear the word "soon", though we are only allowing ourselves to be cautiously optimistic, not full out excited...yet. Once we get the word that it's out of the this 2nd agency, I believe it goes to round 3 for a few weeks and then has 22 days of translation. We're still clinging to "end of November, beginning of December", but really just praying she'll be here for Christmas. Either way, girl's going to need a whole bunch of warm clothes. She's not going to know what hit her with this Minnesota weather!

In all other aspects of our lives, we Breiningers are doing really well! Sean absolutely loves his new job with Friends of the Orphans and I've begun volunteering there as well. It's such an inspirational organization and we're so grateful to be a part of it.

My job is also going very well. I was recently promoted and am now a mentor coach to four new coaches that we just hired. I continue to do the Literacy Coaching that I have been, but coach and mentor the new folks in addition. The project that I work for is a huge success and it's rewarding to go to work each day to see the difference that's being made.

Last weekend I flew to Michigan to spend 3 days with my favorite baby boy, my nephew Owen. I had only seen him once since his birth in March and it would kill me to see new photos showing how quickly he was growing. I had a wonderful time spending the weekend on the carpet with him, trying to coax him into crawling and getting him to giggle. I look forward to the day when cousins Owen and Bedeline can play together!

Our mantra this week has been "It's October!". An obvious fact, but one that means to us that we're that much closer to November and December, and that, perhaps, good news will be coming to us soon. Keep praying for and watching the blog for good news!

No comments: