The Baby Breininger Blog

Welcome friends! In 2007 we started this blog to share the status of our adoption process. After an excrutiatingly long wait, we travelled to Haiti in June 2009 and brought our girl home on July 15. Now this blog is a place for us to share pictures and videos, give updates and brag about how wonderful she is. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Life Updates

Well, I get to cross one thing off my list! On Saturday, May 19, I graduated from Hamline University with a Master of Arts in Education. My mom flew here for the occasion and she and Sean made it a wonderful day, full of calling me "Master" and taking me to a fantastic dinner. Mom stayed until Tuesday morning and we had much fun sitting in the backyard with her and letting her take us to our favorite restaurants.

We're beginning to adjust to being back from Haiti, though I hate that I can't say anymore, "I was just in Haiti last week." We've had numerous picture showings for anyone who's willing to sit still through them. It's a strange juxtaposition of adorable happy pictures of this beautiful baby and pictures of the streets of Port-au-Prince and then back to picturesque shots of the ocean, not to mention Sean's many pictures of crabs, lizards, and giant beetles!

Last Tuesday we mailed in our application to US Immigration and already today we got the letter telling us to go get fingerprinted, which is the first step. Unfortunately our fingerprinting date isn't until 6/13 and no, we can't get in earlier, I checked. In the meantime we had a paperwork crisis surrounding the notarization of our documents, but are trying to stay calm and retrace our steps to get the paperwork in order. Clearly the one month estimate is out of the question, but we're still hoping for 2 or 3. Heck, we'll be happy with 6 as long as we get that amazing baby in our lives!

My graduation chair (a comfy glider rocker for the nursey that I'd had been dreaming about for months that Sean bought me when I returned home from my final thesis meeting) arrived last night, which is good because, as one of my co-workers said today, "You're going to have to sit down to rock that baby!"

We'll continue to keep you posted. Keep us in your prayers!

No comments: